Title: Getting Things Done
Author: David Allen
Type: Personal Organisation
Summary: some practical advice but felt heavy at times (a lot of waffle). Stick to the core techniques – shown and listed below – and you’ll do fine.
- Capture: collecting what has your attention; clear desk environment – no distractions; your head is for having ideas, not holding them; categorise tasks;
- Clarify: process the tasks you’ve captured; clarify why the task is what it is; is the task actionable? what’s the very next action?
- Interim step (3 Ds): do the task (if <2 mins DO IT!); delegate it; defer it;
- Organise: put things where they belong (categorise);
- Reflect: review frequently (weekly);
- Engage: simply do it!!